Be the change

I am itching for a change...to be a change. I am tired of being just a believer; I want to be a follower. I want to go against the grain. I want people to see Jesus in me ...'this revolution must begin with me.'

Today I was at Whole Foods and this elderly man and I were looking at the same product and he excused himself for being in my way. I told him he wasn't. I then asked him if he was a WWII veteran. (Anything to start a conversation, plus I find that veteran's are proud of what they did and it makes them feel good that someone in the younger generation cares.) I told him my grandfather was a Pearl Harbor survivor and we just started talking. He then asked me if I am in the military. I told him I had thought about it in highschool but God has different plans for my life. I proceeded to tell him what I was going to be doing in El Salvador. He continued to ask me questions like what I believed, what I would be doing. I was able just to share with this fellow all kinds of stuff. He asked me with a smile, "Do you like to preach?" I said, "Sure, I love to tell people what Jesus has done for me."

The revolution begins everyday when I wake up and offer myself as a LIVING sacrifice.
The revolution begins when I stop thinking of myself and put others before me.
The revolution begins when I decide to live moment by moment and in everything reflect Jesus Christ.
The revolution begins when I stop misrepresenting Him.

Will you be so "radical" to join the movement and follow in His steps?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Giant is Dead

In the Midst of Burning Tires and Gunfire

God Always Has Our Back