Give a little more

On Wednesday nights a couple, from the church I attend, lead a Bible study at a retirement center. It happens to be right across the street from the neighborhood that I babysit in so it is very convenient for me to go and help. Last night was my first night and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. We sang a few old hymns, which I love. I was raised singing those old songs with my grandfather so I love the opportunity to be able to sing them and learn ones I am not familiar with. I think it is sad that most churches these days have turned away from the old songs. After we sang Mr. Bill led the Bible study and then we prayed. Before we started Mr. Bill introduced me and told them I was going to El Salvador as a missionary. So afterwards many of the old ladies came up and told me they thought it was wonderful that I was going to do that. I was able to talk to a few of the ladies for a while and they were just so excited that I cared enough to talk to them. One lady kept thanking us for coming and said we are such a blessing. But they are the ones who bless us. Proverbs 11:24,25 "It is possible to give freely and become more wealthy, but those who are stingy will lose everything. The generous prosper and are satisfied; those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed." Here is a little secret to living a fulfilled life: GIVE! Give your money, give your time, give your love...Wait! That is not right. Give the money God has given you, give His time, give His love. When you think you have nothing to give, just give some more. The blessing you receive from giving all that God has given you is indescribable. Just give it a try.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God Always Has Our Back

Wedding Details

Tripa Chuca