Willing to wait

Yesterday I was reading in Numbers about the cloud by day and the fire by night. A verse that really jumped out at me was 9:22 "Whether it was two days or a month or a year that the cloud lingered over the tabernacle, staying above it, the sons of Israel remained camped and did not set out, but when it was lifted, they did set out."

The Israelites were in a continual state of waiting on God. They never knew, a head of time, when they were going to move. The Israelites had to always be ready. I believe God is trying to develop in me patience and complete faith in Him. I felt Him speaking to my heart, "I have called you and put these desires in your heart but am I worth the wait? Is El Salvador worth the wait? For most the struggle is to go but for you the struggle is to wait."

Talk about a punch in the stomach. My first thought is why would You call me and then make me wait? But, it is all about obeying God and trusting completely in Him.

Oh, and some exciting news about baby Emily. She is supposed to be coming home today from the Children's hospital in Philly. Praise God!

Comments

kristina shook said…
It's amazing to see what God is doing through you!

Popular posts from this blog

God Always Has Our Back

Wedding Details

Tripa Chuca