Birthday of Theatrical Proportions

I am still a bit in shock of what happened yesterday on my birthday at the mission's banquet during District Council. As my dad commented after the fact, "It felt like a dream." After we ate the guest speaker came up to speak and asked, "Where is Kristal Holtzclaw? Please stand up." So, I did, not knowing at all what was about to happen. He asked me how much more I needed to go to El Salvador. I replied that I need roughly $600 in monthly pledges. He said my church is going to support you $100 a month and I am sure there are other churches that will do the same. As he said that another Pastor raised his hand to pledge $100 so he said you are down to $400. Then another Pastor and another Paster. So he went all the way down until all I needed was $100 more and he said I am sure that there is another church that will pick up that last 100. So right then and there I was almost completely funded. It felt like my funds were actually being auctioned off right in front of me and 500 other people. I was just in complete shock and my parents are next to me just crying. All I could think of was this is exactly what I said I wanted for my birthday. After the service another Pastor came up to me and said that there is someone that is going to pick up that last $100. Then I had like 5 more Pastor's come up to me and said they didn't raise their hand but they want to support. So as soon as the pledge forms are sent to Springfield I will get financial clearance! This was definately the best birthday ever!

Comments

Kristina Shook said…
what an answered prayer. God is in control every moment of every day. praise God for what he has done in your life, you are my role model!!!
Lyza said…
I am so happy for you
Olivia Carrell said…
GLORIA A DIOS!!! Que bendicion Krystal...oh my goodness....I'm ecstatic for you, that is unbelievable but at the same time so believable since I'm now in the same boat of raising my funds to go as an MA to El Salvador for 2 yrs. as well. I'm really happy for you and can't wait to hear about everything going on in our beloved El Salvador. Luv ya girl!
Sarah Alvear said…
Hallelujah!!!! I'm so happy for you, girl!

Happy Birthday, by the way. I know exactly how you feel about it seeming somewhat surreal that the number keeps changing, but you don't feel any different. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

A Lesson in Faith

Tripa Chuca

Wedding Details