My Birthday

"You say it's your birthday
Well it's my birthday too--yeah
They say it's your birthday
Were going to have a good time
I'm glad it's your birthday
Happy Birthday to ya." -Birthday by The Beatles

So I am a quarter of a century old today. I don't mind getting older. It is really funny because some people are like 25, that is still a baby. Then you have people like my brother who is like woah, you are old. A few years ago I did think 25 was old. I don't feel old, the number is just high. Five years ago I was turning 20 but in five more years I will be turning 30. I know this is common sense and kindergarten math but to sit down and ponder is a little weird for me. Especially since I feel the same way I did when I was 20. I feel the same but the number keeps increasing. What really strikes me odd is I can actually see myself changing, especially this past year. Things like my opinion on styles of clothes, music, and such. I am starting to learn to appreciate things that I never cared for before...cooking, gardening, crocheting, sewing. I am turning into an old person, hah! Enough birthday reflection. Today my family, all except my sister, are going to Monroe for the Mission's Banquet at District Council. I am hoping and praying that many Pastor's will have a burden for El Salvador and want to support me. I told my family I don't want anything for my birthday. I truly don't, I am really trying to pull away from American consumption and consumerism. But what better gift than to receive the rest of the money so I can go to El Salvador and fulfill the calling on my life?

Comments

gledwood said…
Twenty-five! You baby!! I'm 35 and I suppose a lot of people would say the same about me. I still feel about 205 years old most of the time though ..! Hi I found you quite by accident, pressing that "next blog" button at the top. I do a blog too. It is called gledwood2.blogspot it's v. different from yours though -- more my kind of secret diary. You're welcome to drop by if you like. You can have a poke through my inner confessions online..! See you there, maybe ... Anyway !! Take it EZ and all the very best to you. Keep up the fascinating blog ...
from
Gledwood
("Gledwood vol 2")
kristina shook said…
i feel the same way - that was so my feeling in march when i turned 25. its like - oh my goodness - what is going on. i am in the same court with you in everything you just said. i love you and pray for you. i really wanted to hang out with you before you go to your mission field. i'm sure God has a plan for our friendship. you will never know how much it means to me to be in touch with you and to KNOW that your heart with for God and you are doing something for God. PRAISE GOD!!!! love you and you have me as a prayer warrior for you!

Popular posts from this blog

The Giant is Dead

In the Midst of Burning Tires and Gunfire

God Always Has Our Back