Fishers of Men


"I will make you fishers of men, fishers of men, fishers of men, I will make you fishers of men if you follow me, If you follow me, If you follow me, I will make you fishers of men if you follow me."
That is a song I used to sing, as a child, in Children's church but was made so real to me this weekend. This past weekend my family and I went down to Grand Isle to fish. We had planned on staying at the state park, which has just recently been re-opened since Katrina. However, God had other plans. There were no sights available so we found a little camp motel and stayed there. It was on the bay side and had a lighted pier you could fish on 24/7. So that is where we went the first night. Around 10:30 or so a big group of people came out. They had been at some meeting or something. One of the men was really Cajun and when I caught a fish he grabbed and took it off the hook for me. Obviousely, that is not what makes him Cajun. He was speaking in Cajun French most of the time and it throws me off because you don't hear that in Baton Rouge. They were all really nice. We continued to see these few men throughout the weekend because they were staying at the same place. The last day we were there I was out on the beach and my Dad and brother were walking over to come get me and they ran into these men again on the balcony. Turns out about 600 people were down for some getaway thing with AA. Well, Dad took full advantage of the opportunity and started to share his testimony. He was able to identify with them because he used to be into drugs and such. He was able to witness to them and pray with them. After the fact, one of the men said he had a dream prior that they were going to meet someone out on the pier that would talk to them about Jesus. When they came and got me and then told me the story I was super excited because I had prayed before we left that God would give us the opportunity to minister to those around us and He did. It was a great weekend and I believe a seed was planted into those guys hearts and God is going to do a work in them. God had this all planned out before we even left and I am so thankful that I have a Dad who is sensitive to the Holy Spirit and took the opportunity that God gave him to share with others. Eventhough we were on a fishing trip, a little vacation, we are NEVER on vacation from telling others of Jesus. We are always to be aware of the situations around us. Oh, and by the way, I am the only one who caught something worth keeping. I caught a pretty good size Flounder that I will be eating very soon.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God Always Has Our Back

Wedding Details

Tripa Chuca