Adventures in taking a class in Spanish without speaking it very well.

Yesterday was the first class of CCI, which is a leadership course on how to be certified in running a campemento (encounter). That is all nice and good except for the entire course is in the native language of El Salvador, Spanish. Which shouldn't be unexpected being that I live in El Salvador. My spanish is past that of a person who has taken it in high school and some college. I have been here for almost 4 months, I have been improving and learning. However, taking a leadership class, in a different language, has been quite the challange. Not as bad as I thought, but a challange none the less. I have enjoyed it thoroughly and I know that, not only will I learn what I need to lead a camp, but I will come out of this knowing and understanding way more spanish than when I started.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Lesson in Faith

Tripa Chuca

Wedding Details