Ever Increasing Patience

Patience is a virtue and one that I am getting a good lesson in. Patience is defined as the quality of being patient, as the bearing of provocation, annoyance, misfortune, or pain, without complaint, loss of temper, irritation, or the like. It is also described as an ability or willingness to suppress restlessness or annoyance when confronted with delay. So I teach English at the lake which is in Santa Ana, about 55 kilometers from San Salvador. I go every Monday and Friday. This past Monday I drove my truck and on the way back, in a not so safe area, have a blowout. Thank God His hand was upon me because I didn't lose control or anything and I was able to pull over on the side. However, it was not a good situation to be in because by this time it was night and it was only me and another girl. So we called a friend and he and his brother were able to come within the hour and change the tire for me. So the next day I went to buy four new tires and it is an all day venture. When my friend and his brother came they had to break the lock of the spare because the guy that sold me the vehicle didn't have the key to unlock the spare. So they happened to have a tool that could get the spare down and then they put the flat one underneath. The next day at the tire place the guy said they didn't have any such tool so there was nothing I could do until I got a tool to take it off. Well, Garrett, another Missionary, happened to call Janelle and was at the same store we were and we asked if he had a tool to take off spares. He had a tool but wasn't sure that it would work on my truck. It took a while but it worked and I was able to get all four tires changed. So throughout it all I was very thankful to the Lord for working it all out and that my patience is being tried. Because without my patience being tried it will never improve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God Always Has Our Back

Wedding Details

Tripa Chuca