Breakaway From Mainstream Worship Music


I would like to encourage you to breakaway from mainstream worship music. There is so much more out there than what the radio plays and the music is unique. I get so burned out on the typical worship music because it sounds all the same and I feel like they all try to copy one another...like you have to look, sound, and act the same to fit into the worship mold. There is no right or wrong sound or style. Worship music is supposed to help us worship the Lord. I am not saying that these mainstream bands are not truly worshipping God...I have no idea what state their heart's are in. However, I do know that there are some really amazing and annointed musicians that are not in the mainstream that you should check out. Here is a list of some of my favories in no particular order:

1.)Aaron Strumpel
2.) Agents of the Future
3.) Ben Pasley
4.) Enter the Worship Circle
5.) Ben Bylsma
6.)Jonathan Stockstill
7.) Kalanie Gloekler
8.) Mad City Church Worship
9.) Misty Edwards
10.) Morning Star Worship
11.) The Psalters
12.) Rob & Evangeline Sperti
13.) Rust & Jessica
14.) Stillwater Rhythm
15.) Suzy Wills
16.) Times Square Church

Psalm 40:3 "He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what he has done and be astounded. They will put their trust in the Lord."

Comments

Jessie said…
Hey, thanks for the link to my blog, Triple Fascination! I love your list of worship bands/leaders here! Aaron Strumpel is one of my new favorites, and even my 2 year old daughter sings his songs while taking a bath! Mad City worship is from Madison, WI, just about an hour away from me, and they're awesome! The Psalters are amazing and allow people to donate whatever they wish for their music (which you can download from their site).

Popular posts from this blog

The Giant is Dead

In the Midst of Burning Tires and Gunfire

God Always Has Our Back