Praying God's Word

The Lord has impressed on my heart to pray the word of God. Everyday when I read the Bible and certain promises jump off the page at me or certain scripture's stand out, I highlight them or write the text down somewhere. Then while I am praying I look those verses up and I pray the scripture. No one can argue with the word of God, the enemy does not have a chance when you are praying or quoting the word of God that is inspired by the Holy Spirit. The scripture is alive and real. I have found by praying the scriptures your prayer time will be dramatically changed. I was reading today in Isaiah 37:14 which says, "After Hezekiah received the letter and read it, he went up to the Lord's Temple and spread it out before te Lord." That confirms to me that we should lay out our petitions to the Lord and use the word in our defense. There is an excellent sermon on this subject by David Wilkerson. You can download his sermon "Binding God to His Own Word" at www.worldchallange.org. I encourage you to listen to this powerful message.
Isaiah 40:8 "The grass withers, and the flowers fade, but the word of our God stands forever."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Lesson in Faith

Tripa Chuca

Wedding Details