Putting My Guitar to Good Use

A good friend of mine bought me a really cool Martin Backpacker guitar the Christmas before I left for El Salvador. I was so blessed that he bought it for me. It is perfect for traveling and great for me to have here. I play it all the time but I actually used it tonight to lead worship at a cell group. I have lead worship at Bible study's and stuff before but this was a little harder because I was leading worship in Spanish. Most songs are not translated literally so it can be a bit difficult when you are used to playing certain chords with certain words. But it went well. I had been practicing worship songs in Spanish for a reason and the Lord must have been preparing me for tonight. I really didn't want to do it because I am not that confident on the guitar. However, I know that it is all for the Lord and doing things like this not only stretch me, but it helps me with my Spanish.

Comments

Fon said…
Nice blog. I will keep reading. Please take the time to visit my blog about Guitar Lesson

Popular posts from this blog

The Giant is Dead

In the Midst of Burning Tires and Gunfire

God Always Has Our Back