Tour of San Jose




All the new students were taught how to use the public bus system and were given a walking tour of downtown San Jose. It was really neat and beautiful. We saw the Metropolitan Cathedral, National Theatre, and tons of people feeding pigeons which apparently is a very "Tico" thing to do to relieve stress. We also were taken to a few markets and then hopped on a bus and rode back to the school. I seriously feel like I am going through culture shock being able to do things that we are not allowed to do in El Salvador because of the danger. I must admit I am quite a bit overwhelmed. It was really neat because already I am learning and able to submerge myself more into the culture because there are so many things I can do. When we came back to the school we took a little break and then my neighbor and I went walking around to explore and went to a few surf shops and made it to one of the malls to find something to eat. Two things that I have learned already one being never leave the house without a umbrella and do not slam doors on the taxis. Apparently, that is super offensive and the taxi drivers will yell at you. So, Bethany and I explored the mall trying to wait for the rain and traffic to slow down. Then I had my first experience of hailing a taxi and getting us back to the school. Our classes were posted today and I am in the second level class so that is exciting for me because I did not really expect that. I am super anxious for classes to start and to get my brain absorbing every morsel that it can about the Spanish language.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God Always Has Our Back

Tripa Chuca

Wedding Details