The El Salvador I Know and Love


I cannot begin to express how much I miss El Salvador. I miss the ministry, I miss my friends, and I miss the children. It has been so hard coming here from El Salvador. I am trying to become involved in some ministry as soon as possible. Just because I am studying Spanish does not mean ministry stops. It has been quite more of an adjustment than I expected. It is hard but I know the Lord is with me and there is a purpose for every season of my life. The purpose is for me to learn Spanish. Some of the children I was closer to I texted them when I was sitting on the plane waiting to take off to come to Costa Rica. I just sent them all a generalized text saying I would miss them and I can't wait to come back. Karen, my old roommate, teaches English to some of those children, and she sent me an email telling me to never doubt that I would be missed because those children cried when they read the text I sent them. Times likes these really makes you look forward to a time when we will all be together and there will be no more tears and no more separation from loved ones.

I looked at some pictures that were very emotional to me but expressed what the photographer calls "The Hidden El Salvador." On my blog list is the link to Tim's El Salvador blog and it has some very vivid photos of everyday life in the country I love and the country that needs so much help and needs your prayers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Lesson in Faith

Tripa Chuca

Wedding Details