Costa Rica/Haiti Soccer Game




Last night a dream of mine came true. I was able to go see Costa Rica play Haiti in a World Cup Qualifying game and Costa Rica won 2-0. One of my "Things I have wanted to do at some point in my lifetime" was go see a soccer game in another country. Watching soccer in the US is not the same because soccer is not the game of choice, by the majority. It was so neat to be able to experience a game and it was a cultural experience. We learned many "flavorful" words and the Costa Ricans would boo their team and were mad, even though they won, because they did not win by enough. They even started cheering for Haiti. It was so much fun and I had a blast. It wasn't watching like watching LSU in Death Valley or the Astros at Minute Maid but it was a close second. I was really wanting like a funnel cake, frozen lemonade, nachos, or cotton candy but that is not the kind of "stadium food" you get in Costa Rica. They sold things like pizza, arroz con pollo (little bowls of chicken and rice). I bought this thing called a paty which is somewhat like a empanada with potatoes, meat, and peppers. All in all it was great and I can not wait to go to another game.

Comments

Jeffrey said…
You can also be grateful that there were no riots.

Popular posts from this blog

A Lesson in Faith

Tripa Chuca

Wedding Details