History Has Been Made

I woke up this morning to learn that Barack Obama is the new President of the United States of America. I can not say that I am surprised. I did not agree with Obama nor McCain enough to vote for either. When I cast my vote two weeks ago I can say I voted for someone I agreed with. I voted for Nader. Now that everything is all said in done my absentee ballad was probably not even counted. They usually do not count oversees, absentee ballads unless it is really close call. Like most of the U.S. I want change and I do think Obama will bring it. How and in what manner is a different story. It is hard for me to understand why "christians" are upset because of Obama's victory. In Daniel 2:21 it says, "It is He (God) who changes the times and epochs; He removes kings and establishes kings." The Lord has allowed this to happen. It is not out of God's control. I can tell you what did surprise me was the reaction around the world. Most of the countries from around the world were celebrating as if Obama was their new President. I understand the decisions and the American government affects the rest of the world. However, in my lifetime, I have NEVER seen thousands of people all over the world cheering for America and our President. People want a change, people are tired of what the world is turning into and they believe that a MAN has the answer. They are sadly mistaken. No man has the answer for the world's problems. Why does this sound familiar? Because it is Biblical prophecy.

Daniel 8:23-25 says,

"At the end of their rule, when their sin is at its height, a fierce king, a master of intrigue, will rise to power. He will become very strong, but not by his own power. He will cause a shocking amount of destruction and succeed in everything he does. He will destroy powerful leaders and devastate the holy people. He will be a master of deception and will become arrogant; he will destroy many without warning. He will even take on the Prince of princes in battle, but he will be broken, though not by human power."

More can be read in Revelation 13. I am not pointing fingers or claiming that Barack Obama is the antichrist but it is something to think about. How can we be mad or upset that the plan of God is being fulfilled? As believers, we do not need to be afraid but war with our prayers. We need to pray that we will not be deceived (Mathew 24:24) and that we will be prepared and able to endure any future persecution ( John 15:20). Everything that is happening is just more confirmation that Jesus is coming back soon! Let us not be mad, upset, or scared. Let us praise the Lord and do all that we can to preach the Kingdom of God and the return of the soon and coming King.


The front pages of both newspapers in El Salvdador and Costa Rica was filled with news of Barack Obama becoming the new President and most papers from all over the world.
http://www.laprensagrafica.com/portada/
http://www.nacion.com/

Comments

megan said…
Amen Amen! Thank you for this. I completely agree, and will probably type up something similar.
Jeffrey said…
'I am not pointing fingers or claiming that Barack Obama is the antichrist but it is something to think about.'

I cannot believe I am hearing you insinuate such nonsense. This is absolutely ridiculous and I don't have words to express my vitriolic distaste for such pomposity and arrogant rhetoric.

Although, I was pleased to hear that you voted third party.
Kristal said…
Well, it is my blog and my opinions however distasteful it is. Let me clear the air as to what I meant by that comment. I don't think he is the antichrist but I think he is just another key that is ushering in the end times.
Anonymous said…
The bibel also says that Jesus killed a fig tree for no reason. and That God set up the pharoah by hardening his heart and not allowing him to make the right choice to begin with THEN killed his first son. AND God also ordered the killing of 300,000 individuals and the rape of 32,000 young virgins. So We should definitely believe and trust your God in this, shouldn't we? You're God is detestable in the eyes of your God if that is the case(thou shalt not kill? remember that??) And what about stoning unruly children? OR killing someone just because they don't believe your God exists? What's that about? You're God is SOOO Just and LOVING.
I can only laugh!
Anonymous said…
"No man has the answer for the world's problems."

Then why did you bother voting for Nadar? You seem to think that voting is worthwhile, and that there was a reason to choose a particular candidate. Why is your choice reasonable, but the same choice made by Obama supporters is a sign that they are deluded that a man can make a difference to their lives?

What is it about Obama that makes him a sign of the end times? Is it just the fact that he's able to shake voters out of the apathy they have displayed for so many years?
Anonymous said…
Actually, that quote from Daniel describes Bush better than it does Obama.
Matthew said…
Obama isn't shaping up to be a very effective AntiChrist, is he? Are you going to claim credit for that or admit that you MAY have been wrong about him?

Popular posts from this blog

The Giant is Dead

God Always Has Our Back

Wedding Details