Smile and Make a Difference

"We need to stop complaining about what we do not have and start being thankful for what we do have." This was the main point of the sermon in church today. That being said something happened during church that applied this point to a T. There is a young lady who attends the same church as I do. She has some kind of physical condition that affects muscle control. She is able to walk but not without help. She can not speak very well and can not close her mouth so she constantly drools. With help she can wipe her mouth but she can't clutch the cloth in her hand. However, she understands what is going on and smiles most of the time. She sat in front of me this morning and kept looking back at me and smiling. When I smiled back at her she would just smile even bigger and then turn away. She would look back again and smile and I would smile back and she continued doing this. As she was smiling at me I felt the Lord speak to me and say, "If you only understood what a smile can do for someone else." As she was smiling at me and with this thought in mind tears actually came to my eyes. We all have so much to be thankful about and majority of us do not radiate joy and happiness. This little girl, who has a physical condition, keeps on smiling and it blessed me. Maybe if we smiled more it would keep us in a positive mind set and maybe our smile can bless someone else. When we wake up in the morning and start off the day with a smile and thanking the Lord for our life and His love I think our lives will be more of a blessing and testimony to others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God Always Has Our Back

Wedding Details

Tripa Chuca