Don't Let Fear Hold You Back

Today I had a divine appointment with a Nicaraguan man who might have been homeless, who was sick, trying to find work, and take care of his family. He wanted to clean the sidewalk or yard in return for pay. I didn't need anything cleaned but I gave him some money. But even better, I talked to him for a while and was able to pray with him. I had been praying that the Lord would give me boldness in spanish to be able to talk to those who I felt led to. Many times I have passed a homeless person or simply just gave them some money because I was scared to talk to them in Spanish. I was worried that I would not understand or that I could not say what I wanted. Today the Lord gave the opportunity. I should have been in class but my teacher did not show up today so I happened to be walking out when he was coming up. I prayed for him and it wasn't anything grand because my words in Spanish are limited but I know the Lord blessed him. When I finished praying he had tears in my eyes and said, "The Lord is going to give you a special gift for taking notice of me and your family because they let me come here to work as a missionary." I just praise God for allowing me to talk to him because that is what I love to do more than anything. Talk to those who no one else wants to talk to. The verse that always comes to my mind is, "What you do to the least of these, you are doing to me."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God Always Has Our Back

Tripa Chuca

Wedding Details