Lottery

If one takes a stroll in downtown San Jose there is no way to ignore the lottery vendors. They are everywhere! They sit on the street with a little table and filled with tickets. Apparently, there is no law for what age you must be to purchase a ticket because I was watching the local San Jose news and they were talking about how more people buy lottery tickets during Christmas time. They interviewed a little boy, no more than five years old, and he was a buying a ticket. At first I was shocked that they let a little kid buy a lottery ticket and then as I continued to listen to the interview what the little boy said broke my heart. They asked him what he would by if he won and he thought about it for a little while and said, "I would buy food for my mom." Can you imagine my shock? I was expecting him to say a toy or something but this little boy wants to buy food if he wins a lottery ticket.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Lesson in Faith

Tripa Chuca

Wedding Details