Giraffes, Tigers, and Bears...Oh my!!




Yesterday, I saw something I had never seen before. My friends and I are were in a store in the central part of David, Panama and we heard all this yelling, horn honking, and music. So we walked outside and there were about 15 truck taxi's lined up in a row all with people in crazy costumes in each truck. At first, I thought it was a parade because they celebrate Carnival, like Mardi Gras, here. Then after all the people pass guys on motorcycles came flying through the streets doing all kinds of tricks. Then on the back of a flatbed truck with two guys was a big, brown bear. Then came tigers and the giraffe. They were a circus from Russia that just came into town. I felt like I had gone back in time or something because I know that is how things were "advertised" before there was television and radio. After all the hoopla died down we started walking back to the hotel and found a place that sold chicha. Chicha is a drink that is served in many different Cenral/South American countries. But in some places, like Ecuador, the women chew up yuca and spit it out and then it ferments. Here it is just like a pineapple type drink.

Comments

Kathy said…
OK, so... I NEVER want to drink Chicha. Please, don't let me drink it when I come visit you. I'll take the watermelon drink instead.
Zechariah said…
sounds tasty. Sign me up.

Popular posts from this blog

A Lesson in Faith

Tripa Chuca

Wedding Details