God's Politics


I read a blog called God's Politics and I recommend you all subscribe to it.  I also receive daily emails that have a scripture, quote, and a prayer need about social issues that is happening in the world.  It is our responsibility as believers and followers of Jesus Christ to care about the poor and the orphaned.  There are more than 2,000 scriptures in the Bible over the poor. How can we ignore that? You may ask but there is so much hurt, and need in the world what can I do?  What can one person do?  You can be the agent of change.  Start a one person revolution by being aware and praying and passing on your knowledge about social issues to others.

Since there will never cease to be some in need on the earth, I therefore command you, "Open your hand to the poor and needy neighbor in your land."

Deuteronomy 15:11


If to be feelingly alive to the sufferings of my fellow-creatures is to be a fanatic, I am one of the most incurable fanatics ever permitted to be at large.

William Wilberforce,
British abolitionist and social reformer (1759-1833)


To receive daily emails you can go to Sojourners.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Giant is Dead

God Always Has Our Back

Wedding Details