Independence Day




Today on September 15, 1821, El Salvador became independent from Spain. It is a big deal...kinda like the 4th of July for us except they have tons of parades. Which I find to be a real contradiction in Louisiana because we usually celebrate EVERYTHING with a parade but the 4th of July there is no parade. I always wanted to go to an Independence day parade but my first year the church took a trip on this day up into the Mountains, that was cool but I did not see a parade. Last year I was living in Costa Rica and we had a celebration and it was really neat but still no parades. This year, however, quite a few kids had invited me to come watch them march so this year I was able to see a parade. I actually saw three. We had a great time and it was a really neat cultural experience. To see more pictures you can do so here http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=154195&id=714759417&l=e02bfd3862

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Lesson in Faith

Tripa Chuca

Wedding Details