Cultural Experience





A few weeks ago a friend of mine invited me to take Nahuat at the University of El Salvador. Nahaut is the indigenous language of the people here in El Salvador but is increasingly becoming nonexistent. That is why they are teaching it at the University and some of the schools to make an attempt to preserve the language and cultural roots of the people here. Today was my first day of class and it was quite interesting. My Nahuat name is Siguamichin which actually means Fish women. Your Nahuat name represents something you like to do and I like to swim and be in the water. I asked the Professor about the grammatical aspect of Nahuat, like was it similar to Spanish, and she said you won't learn grammatically you learn by hearing and speaking. Not only am I learning the language but also she teaches Nahuat culture.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Giant is Dead

God Always Has Our Back

Wedding Details