Boot Camp for the Mini Masters

Me teaching the first Evangelism class.

Because we have so many activities going on at one time I was put in charge of of the Mini Masters Boot Camp. Let me explain the different programs we have going on right now.


Guardians of the Vision- 9-12 kids that have completed all that is required in Castle Club and now are working their way through the 7 levels of the Guardian program. (These are the kids I work with on a regular basis.


Prayer Week- One week out of the year the children and their leaders spend a entire week in prayer. Everyone has two hour shifts and there has been continual praying for the last 11 years.


Mini Masters- A program during summer vacation which consists of a week of boot camp which is training. After that they minister and do programs in the streets, churches, and schools of El Salvador. They are also going to Nicaragua and Panama.


Warrior School- Part of the King’s Castle program and is an intense week of training spiritually and physically.


I knew that I was giving many of the classes for Mini Masters but I did not know until I arrived Monday morning that I was actually in charge of the boot camp for Mini Masters. I was very shocked when I found out but felt very honored. That decision really encouraged me in my Spanish, I feel that if I was put in this position my Spanish must be improving. So our schedule is 5:00 exercises, 6:30 breakfast, 8:30 devotional, 9:30 English Class, 10:30 training in new songs and dramas, 12:00 lunch, 1:30 Bible study, 2:30 game, 3:00 Evangelism class, 4:00-5:00 intercession as a group, 6:30 dinner, 7:30 reciting Bible verses, 8:00 general devotion, 10:00 bed time.

I have really been enjoying my time teaching and being part of the spiritual formation of these special children. In the evangelism class we played Bible Jeopardy and the kids LOVED it. It is a great game to play with a group of 12 or so.

Tonight in the general devotion Magali, one of the girls in Mini Masters was sitting and just crying during worship service. I went over to her and asked if she wanted to talk and she said yes. So we went to the back of the prayer fortress and she just hugged me and cried. She finally told me that her Uncle is a drug addict, which is her mom’s brother and she is not a believer either. Magali and her younger brother are the only christians in that home. I asked about her dad and he is dead. I was able to pray with her and encourage her. She said she feels bad because she can’t talk to them about Christ. I told her to keep praying and let her life be the testimony. I was also told her that on Sunday...the Lord drew me to pray for her mom. I didn’t know it was her mom until after the service and I saw them together. So I told her that and told her to stay diligent in her prayers and the Lord with answer them. I love when the Lord breaks down the barriers and I am able to see a little bit of the personal life of these kids and in my broken Spanish and being a foreigner the Lord still uses me to minister. God just wants people who are willing.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God Always Has Our Back

Tripa Chuca

Wedding Details