Leader's Training Camp

Yesterday after church until today, in the evening, we had our leader's training camp in preparation for the week long Christmas camp that we run every year. The first year I was on the decoration staff which was fun and easy for me not speaking tons of Spanish. Last year I went home for Christmas because I was studying Spanish in Costa Rica. This year I am actually in charge of an entire level so I will have at least 50 kids under me. I will not directly be taking care of the children they will be divided into groups of ten and will each have a leader and those leaders will be under me. So at the training camp we basically did many of the things the kids will be doing so the leaders could learn. I had to give a 1 1/2 hour Bible study in Spanish and then supervise the leaders when they gave their Bible studies. I also instructed over 40 people, in Spanish, how to bake sugar cookies. I am used to being a leader to children, and I am used to being a leader to interns or World Warrior's from the states, but it is very different being a leader in a different country, in a different language, to many people who are my peers or leaders in the church. However, the camp was a lot of fun and I am looking forward to the Christmas camp. I am very privileged to be able to be in this position and I pray that the Lord uses me wisely to guide and instruct the cabin leaders and the children during this camp.

Comments

Ashley Downing said…
Kristal, that is so great!!! Look at how the Lord is using you!! God wouldn't have put you in this position if you couldn't do it! His grace is all you need!
2 Corinthians 3:5-6 "It is not that we think we are qualified to do anything on our own. Our qualification comes from God. He has enabled us to be ministers of His new covenant...."
2 Corinthians 12:9 "Each time he said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me."

Popular posts from this blog

The Giant is Dead

God Always Has Our Back

Wedding Details