Dreams and Visions

Acts 2:17
‘In the last days,’ God says,
‘I will pour out my Spirit upon all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy.
Your young men will see visions,
and your old men will dream dreams.

When reading this verse I have always assumed it was regarding believers. I do believe that God does and will continue to give dreams and visions to His followers. However, I just read a devotional from Voices of the Faithful with help from Beth Moore. It was a story of a gang member who had a very precise, distinct dream about a cross he found by the river and when He picked it up light shown down from Heaven and he danced in that light. He wanted to know what it meant and God sent a missionary to his doorstep and he accepted Christ along with many other gang members. This story opened my eyes that maybe in the last days it is the unbelievers who will have the dreams and the believers will be the ones God uses to help them understand. My prayer is that I am sensitive to God's leading and guiding and when He tells me to go talk to someone that I will do it. We never know if the night before they had a dream and God wants to us to share the truth that will set them free.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Lesson in Faith

Tripa Chuca

Wedding Details