Supermarket Challenge

Some of my friends and I are being stirred by all the verses in the Bible that makes references to giving to the poor. We are tired of living in excess and hoarding our goods. It is time to stop talking and to make real changes in our lives. So the first thing I thought of was the next time we go to the grocery store before we check out put back all the stuff that we don't "really" need and mark how much it cost. With the money that we were going to spend on junk food or extra stuff we are going to give to local feeding programs here in El Salvador. So the next time I go grocery shopping I will post on how much I decided not to buy and how much is going to help buy food for malnourished children. I implore my readers to accept the supermarket challenge as well and I would love to hear the money that was saved and given to people who really need it.

Isaiah 58:6,7
"Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen:
to loose the chains of injustice
and untie the cords of the yoke,
to set the oppressed free
and break every yoke?

Is it not to share your food with the hungry
and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter—
when you see the naked, to clothe him,
and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Giant is Dead

God Always Has Our Back

Wedding Details