Not Just Another Sunday

Translating for Pastor Phil.
Jonathan, in the red shirt, being prayed for.
60 second challenge-keeping as many balloons in the air using one hand.
Cesar is one of the boys that I used to disciple in Distrito Italia.

Each Sunday is never just another Sunday. It is another day to do all that we can to reach the children of El Salvador who are bussed into our service. This Sunday we had a team from Canada with us and so Pastor Phil from that team preached. The translator on the team had to go do something so I was asked to translate for him on the spot. Since I was in children's church I didn't feel as much pressure and knew I could do it. But usually I don't want to do it. I don't like being in front of everyone and attracting lots of attention to myself. Plus, I want to do the best I can to translate correctly and speak clearly so that the word of God will be understood as the speaker in English is speaking. Translating is much different than just speaking conversational Spanish. You can't translate word for word. You have to focus on what the speaker is saying and immediately turn it around in your mind to make sense in the other language that you are translating into. Regardless, of what I did or said the word of God went forth and lives were touched. Six children, who were visiting for the first time, accepted Jesus into their hearts and to me that is what it is all about. It's not another Sunday; it's another chance to reach the precious kids, here in El Salvador, with the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Lesson in Faith

Tripa Chuca

Wedding Details