Be Careful

Be careful when you ask to see the heart of God. He will give you a burden that will break your heart. I have been conflicted in these past few days but I know the Lord is teaching me something through it. The Lord has really been teaching me about Intercessory prayer during this 21 day fast and during my week in the Prayer Fortress. One of the little girls, who just graduated into the Guardian of the Vision Program, came to spend a week in prayer and opened up about some really horrible things that are going on her life. Things that I could never imagine having seen much less experience on a daily basis. She literally is living a nightmare and is in danger and there is absolutely nothing I can do....except pray. But I feel as though that is not enough. However, the Lord has taught me that true intercession is enough. I was talking to someone about her situation because it has really been bothering me and that person gave the verse Jeremiah 31:13 which says, "The young women will dance for joy, and the men-old and young-will join in the celebration. I will turn their mourning into joy. I will comfort them and exchange their sorrow for rejoicing." I told her to look up that verse and when she feels scared or sad to meditate on it. Later on that evening during the devotion I prayed with her and she just cried and cried. The next night she came up and talked to me for a while and asked what the verse was that I told her about. She said, "I'll have to memorize it because I don't have a Bible." I told her I would get her a Bible so she can always have God's word close to her heart but it is good to memorize scripture as well. Then she told me that when I was praying for her God have her a sign. She saw her family hugging. She said, "We were all hugging and happy like a real family." With all the stuff she had previously shared and her telling me about her vision my heart just broke even more for her. She said she didn't want to go home that this week in the prayer fortress has been a wonderful, fun, safe week for her. The only thing was that she was worried about her little sister. Later on, that night, in my prayer shift I just cried out to the Lord for her protection and guidance in her situation. As I was praying I felt the Lord speak to my heart that this fast I am on has not been for me to receive but so others can receive. I felt better after the prayer time but still very worried about the whole situation and wondering if there was more that I could do and certainly not wanting to send her back home. Yesterday, one of the missionary's from Romania, came up to me and said, "Kristal, I was praying for you and God gave me a verse for you. She said, "You are doing a great job and making a difference in these kids lives." The verse she gave me was Isaiah 27:3 "I, the Lord, will watch over it and tend its fruitful vines. Each day I will water them; day and night I will watch to keep enemies away." The Lord confirmed in my heart that I don't have to worry. He is watching over these kids and He will protect them. My responsibility is to love them when I see them and pray over them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God Always Has Our Back

Tripa Chuca

Wedding Details