Focus on Others


Last week as I was driving back from dropping off someone at the airport I exited off the highway and sitting under the overpass was a little old lady. She was very old, and wrapped up in rags. My heart went out to her and as I was watching there was a young man sitting there talking to her. It was chilly and He probably had somewhere to go but it was so comforting to me to see someone take notice of her and not just pass her by like so many people were doing; like so many of us would do. Then as he walked off another young man gave her some money and stood there talking to her. It really blessed me to see two young men reach out to this lady. Maybe giving our change won't make a difference but giving our our time will. This new year, may we focus on others. Let us not be so conformed to the world around us that we no longer hear the cries for help or see those in distress. (Taken from Voices of the Faithful.)

Romans 12:2 "Do not conform any longer to the patter of this world, but be transformed..."

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm reading "Crazy Love" right now. It's a very convicting book. Several years ago, God started convicting me about my love for others... and now my love for Him. When we truly love, we wont pass over such people.

Popular posts from this blog

A Lesson in Faith

Tripa Chuca

Wedding Details