America's Favorite Past Time

My ticket
View from my dad's seat

One of the first things I did when I came home was go to a LSU baseball game with my dad. I haven't been to a game in four years because I have never been home during baseball season. I had seen the new Alex Box Stadium but it was my first game in it. I grew up going to games with my dad but going again, after four years of living in another country, I felt as if I was doing it all for the very first time. It was an emotional and very nostalgic evening for me. As all the kids ran out to stand with the players during the National Anthem, as I used to do, brought back fun memories. During the National Anthem, with my hand over my heart, singing it with everyone around me and seeing the American flag flying in the wind really engulfed me with a sense of patriotism like I have never felt before. I believe I actually teared up. Before the first pitch I had to get a foot long corn dog, fresh squeezed lemonade, and my favorite a big bag of cotton candy. I love baseball and being able to experience this game after four years was quite a memorable night for me. Of course sharing it with my dad, like I always have, was special. Mike the Tiger even came around and I was able to get a picture with him. To end it off LSU beat UNO 13-0. However, passing the parking lot that used to be the old Alex Box Stadium made me incredibly sad. I grew up in that stadium and now it is gone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God Always Has Our Back

Tripa Chuca

Wedding Details