Who Are You Passing By?

I feel like a sham, a phony, a fake. I say I fight for justice; I claim to have compassion on the poor but who am I passing by everyday. I am passing by a 7 year old little boy who lived across the street, who would sit outside our gate and wave to me every time I drove past, who helped the gardner in our yard. I passed this little boy always thinking I should talk to his mom and see if I could bring him and his brother to church with me. But I never did. I would wave to him, I would talk to him, I've brought him and his brothers cookies, and gave him little toys but I could have done more. Today we found out that he died two days ago. His mom thought he had a cold and he continued to get worse. By the time she brought him to the hospital it was too late. He died from Pneumonia and malnutrition. He lived right across the street from me; there was more I could have done.

Comments

kathy said…
Is that the little boy who helped the guard take the trash out from your truck that one day?
Joyce said…
Really good points Kristal...so sorry this hit you so hard. But God shows us people every day to reacch out to and sometimes we just miss them. Because we are busy or whatever....
Life is short. We must take a moment to reach out no matter what the risks are when He shows us.
Sometimes it is just a smile, or a "Hello" or a letter that makes an impact on people's lives.
When we do get that door...we must take it.
Even if it's a tiny crack.
Hang in there girl...your doing a great job and El Salvador is richer because of you.
Ms. Joyce
I understand and respect the place that you are in when you wrote this and I think that it is absolutely beautiful that you are a person not just a person with an existance but you are aware.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE and appreciate you for telling and sharing your story - the story of this young boy - helps remind me of how important it is to be present, to be conscious of my surroundings and what God has called me to be in this world.

Amazing article. :)

Popular posts from this blog

God Always Has Our Back

Tripa Chuca

Wedding Details