Little Scouts

Sunday a Dental team from UCLA is coming to work in our King's Castle Dental Clinic in Nueva Esperanza. Nueva Esperanza is a small community that was started as a group of refugees from the earthquake in 2001. It is also the location of one of our sister churches. We will be working there all week long and I am one of the translators. Today some of the missionaries went to the site and we did a good cleaning of the clinic. As we were cleaning two, dirty, little boys came up to the window I was cleaning and started talking to me. First thing they say to me, "That's a really cool watch." Which tells me that they have eyes that pay attention to what people have. Later on, they were asking Bro. Don how much he pays the people working here (referring to us). He said I don't pay them anything they are missionaries with King's Castle. They hung around and helped clean the bathrooms and they did a really good job. They also helped us unload supplies but also saw all the supplies we had. These little boys, brothers ages 9 and 10, dirty, bare-footed, tattered clothing, are scouts for the gang members. They were trying to find out if we were being paid to tell the gang members and then they would come and "charge" us for being there to work. They live off of extortion. They are training these little boys, starved for attention, to be gang members; training them to become murderers. They are just like normal little boys asking me to play soccer with them and running up and giving me hugs. My heart just broke. They are little boys, not so innocent and, forced into a life they don't deserve only to be able to survive.

Comments

Zechariah 4:6 said…
I read this post the other day. I was just praying and got some revelation that I knew I needed to share with you. You know why the devil likes gangs so much? "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly" -- John 10:10. Think about it, satan gets stealing, killing, and destroying all in one nice, neat package with gangs. No wonder he uses them so heavily.
Kristal said…
Wow, that is so true. Thanks for sharing.

Popular posts from this blog

A Lesson in Faith

Tripa Chuca

Wedding Details