My Week Working With SAGU

I love working in Mira Flores, Candelaria, and Guadelupe. I think the reason I like it so much is that this is where I mainly worked when I was an intern in 2005.
In 2005, there was not even a church building in Guadelupe and now they have a church and a feeding program.
We worked in two communities in between Vera Paz and Guadelupe which are new since the mudslides in 2009. It always a lot of fun working in an area for the first time.

This is the Volcano San Vicente or Chinchontepec in the native language of Nahuatl. You can still see the mudslide trail from 2009. It was amazing going to this area since I had not been out there since I helped in the relief efforts. There are still huge rocks in many places but it has been mostly cleared out and new bridges have been put in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Lesson in Faith

Tripa Chuca

Wedding Details