Stories From the Streets


I don't know the personal stories of the children and adults from these pictures but I was looking back on my journal from my first year in El Salvador and found this poem I had written and I felt this pictures, I had taken, illustrate the point I wanted to make.  "Stories From the Streets"


The child on the street
With matted hair
and dirty feet
Juggling oranges or limes
Begging for just a dime

Abuelita on the corner
No one to look after her
Staying at home but feels like a foreigner
Wearing the same clothes everyday
Looking for someone to take her cares away

Carlos de la calle
Begging for another drink
Wasting away on the inside
Doesn't care if he dies
As he stumbles down the street and cries

Twelve year old boy missing his mom and dad
Abandoned for the American dream
Angry at the world around
Ends up with a gun in hand
Proving loyalty to his new found friends

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Giant is Dead

God Always Has Our Back

Wedding Details