Work=Ministry

   In my book work equals ministry.  And in the book that matters it means the same.  Colossians 3:23 says, "Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than people."  My parents used this verse to teach me good work ethic from a very young age. It is something that has stuck with me.  In whatever I do I am working/serving the Lord.  I am so blessed and thankful for the job that I have teaching English Literature to 7-11 graders and English Grammar to 7th graders.  I was expecting to teach younger children but I know that the Lord has placed me in my position to reach out to the young people in this school.  This morning, as a team, we took communion together and then the Spiritual Advisors prayed over each one of us.  The lady who prayed over me gave me a word of exhortation.  She said, "Todo viene de Dios; Le ha puesto muchas semillas en sus manos."  Which means, "Everything comes from God;   He has put many seeds in your hands."  Even though I feel overwhelmed and out of my comfort zone I know God has called me to be where I am.  After we were prayed over we consecrated the entire school to the Lord; The bathrooms, offices, every classroom, and every school desk.  To see the teachers crying over the desks and rooms really touched my heart as I could see their love for the children.  We all want God to use us; we want to see a change in the lives of the children and young people who attend this school

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Giant is Dead

God Always Has Our Back

Wedding Details