Where God Guides; He Provides

I contemplated on whether to blog about this subject. However, I want to give God glory for all He has done.

  Ruben and I are Youth Pastor's we aren't on salary but we do receive a monthly offering.  I work as a Teacher and God has blessed Ruben with a teaching job at another Christian school but it is temporary. Both of our salary's put together is less than or about the same as a single mom's welfare check, just to put things in perspective.  We work full time as National Camp Directors with the Assembly of God which is completely volunteer but requires us to drive all over the country and gas is much higher here than in the states.  We have a ministry, Cazador de Tesoros, that runs camps and sometimes we receive offerings but many times it is us putting forth so that we can minister.  We have a few faithful supporters that, at times, have sustained us.  I'm not complaining but my life prior, even as a missionary, I never really had to "trust" in God for my finances.

   Things have changed and I have seen miracle after miracle of God's provision in our lives.  Times when we didn't have the money to pay bills or buy food and someone invited us out to eat, or someone decided to give us money....always right on time.  The funny thing is even though at times we were struggling there was always someone else in a worse situation than ours who needed our help.  I always have been very compassionate but I have always given out of my abundance. Not until this past year have a really learned how hard it is to give when it is money you need.  But we gave that money even when it hurt and God was more than faithful to take care of us.

   This week I was kinda freaking out because we get paid monthly and at the end of the month. The end of the month is when all our bills are due.  The end of this month falls during vacation. So I figured we won't get paid until the beginning of April.  I started to worry...how will we pay the bills, what about gas because we have camps to go to, ect. I didn't mention any of this to my mom and she sent me a message saying, "Kristal, remember where God guides, He provides." What a timely word for me. So instead of worrying I started praying.  This was Wednesday night and Thursday night after work we had to go an hour away to train some youth leaders.  Thursday after work I was about to leave when the Secretary came to me and told me to sign a receipt. The receipt didn't have an amount so I signed it. She gave me a handful of wadded up bills and said this is for your hard work with helping the students with the Spelling Bee. I was shocked because all along I thought I was volunteering.  When I got to the car I saw it was enough to buy some groceries and put gas in the car for our trip.  Then after the camp training they gave us an unexpected offering that was enough to reimburse us for the gas and some left over.    Why does this still shock me? I don't know.  But God is good and He is faithful and where He guides he most definitely provides.

Comments

ginger connelly said…
I am so glad you shared this. It was just what I needed to hear. I know God blesses and meets our needs, but sometimes circumstances overwhelm us and we need a little reminder.
Zechariah 4:6 said…
That's an amazing testimony! I'm so blessed to be a part of your team, thanks for sharing!

Popular posts from this blog

A Lesson in Faith

Tripa Chuca

Wedding Details