Running for Ruben

My good friend Karen (who is a missionary here in El Salvador), Ruben, and I were planning on running a 10k around a volcanic crater lake next Sunday.  Because of all that has happened, obviously, Ruben and I can't run but Karen is still running and dedicating the run to Ruben to help raise money for his medical needs.  This is what she wrote on facebook:

Running for Ruben
September 21, 2013 at 5:13pm
Dear Friends and Family,

Next Sunday, September 29th, I was planning on running a 10K with my old roommate Kristal Molina and her husband, Ruben. Kristal and I were roommates for several years. In 2012 she married Ruben. We all love running and were looking forward to the race. But our plans have changed. If you know much about El Salvador I’m sure you know that it has a high crime rate. A few weeks ago Ruben was at a church meeting. He went out to met a friend who was lost. While he was on his way to meet up with him he was attacked by four men. One of them hit him in the eye with the butt of a pistol and as a result Ruben lost his eye. Needless to say Ruben will not be able to run the race. I want to dedicate my run to Ruben. He has a long road of recovery ahead of him. Sometime soon he’ll have another surgery where the doctors will give him a prosthetic eye. Would you consider donating to my run? $1 per kilometer $2 per kilometer or what ever you feel? All proceeds will go to Ruben’s recovery. Thank you for considering. God bless. Message me on how you can give. If you’re a friend of Ruben feel free to share this post.


If you would like to take part of this fundraiser contact me and I can give you further instructions.  

Update on Ruben:

I really need everyone who reads this to put Ruben on your permanent prayer list until God heals him.  There is a very slight chance that the antibodies from the eye he lost can attack the other eye and as a result loose his vision.  This chance can happen from now to within one year.  Like I said there is a very slight chance of that happening but Ruben is fearful.  Please continue to pray for complete healing and that God would take away all fear and the peace of God would comfort him.  



Comments

Gabriel Aguilar said…
Yo quiero ayudar! Como le hago Kristal?

Popular posts from this blog

God Always Has Our Back

Tripa Chuca

Wedding Details