No Traditional Thanksgiving For Me


   I'd like to say I am accustomed to not celebrating Thanksgiving but I'm not.  I have been living out of the country since 2007 and maybe have had a traditional celebration once or twice.  Usually there is always some kind of ministry event in which I can't stay at home to cook.  This Thanksgiving Ruben is at a camp and I have graduation this evening.  I posted on Facebook that I may not have been able to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade, or be with my family, or eat great food but this Thanksgiving is a little bit more special being that I have my husband alive and well by my side.  He came to close to death a few months ago and even though he lost his eye he has been incredibly positive; something only the Lord can do.  Since then our relationship has matured and we both are so much more thankful for what we have.  Even though I don't have all the traditional Thanksgiving stuff I still pause and reflect on all I have to be thankful for.


             




    Last week we went to Guatemala to see an Oculist who made a personalized prosthetic eye for Ruben.  One of the things I am so thankful for was all the financial support during this time. Ruben and I don't have anything extra to be spending on medicine, doctors, ect.  Because of all the outpouring of support from the moment we left the hospital until we returned from Guatemala every single cost, that had to do with this accident, was covered. We didn't pay anything out of pocket and that is a huge blessing.  Out of such a tragic event the hand of God could not be denied.

The Oculist hand painting Ruben's personalized prosthetic eye.


Ruben with his generic prosthetic.
Ruben with the personalized prosthetic.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Giant is Dead

God Always Has Our Back

Wedding Details