Two Years and Loving It



For those who have known me prior to getting married absolutely know that I was  a very independent women, completely happy and confident in her singleness.  I was not looking for anyone but when I met Ruben I knew he was the one. With much prayer and fasting (not kidding) we decided to get married on February 18, 2012.  I can not believe it has been two years already. I can not believe what all has happened in those two years.  I absolutely LOVE being married to Ruben; he is so much fun and the perfect man for me.  That doesn't mean it hasn't been difficult because it has.  I lived out of the country five years prior to getting married.  I thought I knew the culture, I thought I could speak and understand Spanish well, I thought, I thought, I thought.  Everyone knows that getting married is a big step and change and brings its difficulties but add the language, living in another country, and being far from your family to the mix and things get a little more complicated.  I never stop learning; how to be a better wife, a better friend, a better lover of God, a better speaker, ect.  And that's just it...we are learning together.   That's what makes it so beautiful.  Some major events that happened in these past two years that have shaped us into who we are right now is: becoming youth pastors at Victory Life Church in El Salvador and the tragic assault on my husband in which he lost his left eye.  Thinking about both events I have seen God's hand mightily in our lives.  We have had amazing moments and others we would like to forget.  But what I do know is those moments are helping us and preparing us for what the future holds.  We know we are in God's will and that's where we will stay.  There is nothing more rewarding than being married to someone who shares the same beliefs, convictions, and compassion as you.  I'm blessed and I thank God everyday for my wonderful husband in whom I am still praying for a creative miracle. One day I will be able to share about the restoration of Ruben's eye and vision. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Lesson in Faith

Tripa Chuca

Wedding Details