Count Your Blessings

   I can't believe we have been living in La Ceiba for a little over a month.  Have we gotten used to this huge change? Not yet but we are getting there.  Things have been uncomfortable and very interesting but God has been so faithful.  I am so thankful that this week our electricity hasn't gone off once!!!! I am thankful that Open House went great.  I am thankful that this week has been a little cooler than the rest.  I am thankful that Baby Molina is growing and healthy and everything is going smooth.

  Honestly, I have been more focused on the "bad" things or the difficulties but after talking to my sister and God showing me through His word that we are obeying Him and His calling. He hasn't called us to be comfortable (just in case you thought we are ...we aren't).  God works through us best when we are out of our comfort zones.  So the Lord has told me it is time for an attitude change.  Stop focusing on the difficulties and put your focus on me.

   So what are we doing right now? We are both serving in the school and also in the church.  In the church, we are teaching the teenage Sunday School class on Sundays and we have just been incorporated into the youth pastoral staff. We are working on a new project in which the youth is going to be split up into: adolescents, teens, and young adults.  Ruben and I will be the youth pastors for the teenagers 13-18.  This will be put into place in about two months so there is a lot of preparation to be done.  The youth group already has acting cell groups so that will continue every Saturday and after the cell groups we will have some kind of an activity and a service once a month and every two months an event with all the groups together.  We are excited to be a part of what God is doing with the youth and we need a lot of prayer.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Giant is Dead

God Always Has Our Back

Wedding Details