One Year Ago



Last night, laying in bed, Ruben and I were talking about how today is one year since his tragic accident.  He got real quiet and I asked if he was ok. He said, "I'm just sad. I wish I hadn't lost my eye."  I started to think about that night and reliving the horrible emotions and memories that came flooding back.  It was a terrible situation but I am so glad that we can look back and see what God has brought us through.  We can look back together.  Ruben can still see.  Now we are expecting a baby that he will be able to see and enjoy.  I don't know why we had to go through what we did. But we can see so much good that has come from it.  Ruben is so awesome. Even though it is sad and he misses not having his eye he has bounced back unbelievably.  Our lives are back to normal...so to speak.  I think because of this situation we are in Honduras serving as missionaries. We didn't run away because of fear but God started working in our hearts and speaking to us in many ways.  Maybe, because of this situation, we were more sensitive to his leading.  Here we are serving the Lord in another country.  Something neither of us had planned.  But we can both agree His ways are higher than ours.  We haven't given up hope. We still pray for a new eye.  However, we haven't let the disability paralyze us either.  Either way God is good.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God Always Has Our Back

Tripa Chuca

Wedding Details