How Much More?

  
 "William-Adolphe Bouguereau (1825-1905) - Maternal Admiration (1869)". Licensed under Public Domain via Wikimedia Commons - https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:William-Adolphe_Bouguereau_(1825-1905)_-_Maternal_Admiration_(1869).jpg#/media/File:William-Adolphe_Bouguereau_(1825-1905)_-_Maternal_Admiration_(1869).jpg

     Yesterday we took Evan for his four month vaccinations.  He was a trooper. Two were oral and two were shots in each leg.  Shortly thereafter he started running a fever, which I know is normal.  On top of that he seems to be teething and he is stuffed up and coughing.   When we got the shots he was just congested and I assumed that was because he was teething. However, last night he started coughing.  It's terribly hard to see your baby suffering.  I just want him to be well.  As I'm watching him sleep, monitoring the fever and making sure he can breathe, the Lord spoke to me.  He spoke to me in that still small voice, "The desire you have for your little one to feel better doesn't even come close to the desire I have to heal my children."  I gaze at Evan wishing I could do something for him, but I can't.   Our heavenly fathers gazes upon us waiting us to ask Him for help.  And many times, we don't.  It hurts Him to see us hurting.  He's a good father.  I'm reminded of the verses in Mathew 7:9-11.  Especially verse 11 which says, "If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, HOW MUCH MORE will your Father in heaven give good things to those who ask Him."  "How much more" has been resonated on my mind all day long.  While praying for certain people or situations the words HOW MUCH MORE came to my mind.  Take a moment and ask your Heavenly Father for that healing, miracle, ect.  How much more is He willing to give you what you ask for?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Giant is Dead

God Always Has Our Back

Wedding Details