A Stranger's Hands


Your most prized possession; your greatest treasure; 
trusted into a stranger's hands.  
I never imagined how hard it is for a mother to leave
her children and go back to work;
even worse leaving them with someone you don't even know. 
I knew the day would come and, even before Zoe was born, I began
praying for the person, who would come into our home,
and take care of our precious children.

We are working missionaries sent from El Salvador to Honduras
meaning we work to support ourselves because we don't rely solely 
on supporters.
On top of being the Youth Pastor's
Ruben is the Director of the Physical Education 
department and also the Disciplinary. 
I teach English; which I love to do.
For me teaching is one of the best ways to influence a life.
Being that we depend on both of our salaries there was no way I could 
stay home with the children. I had to trust God in a way I never had
before.  
Sendero de Las Escboas, Guatelmala
We had to leave the country to renew our visas two 
weeks before I started back to work.
We still hadn't found anyone to watch Evan and Zoe. 
  I continued to pray
and believe that God would provide the perfect
person.
The Guatemala trip was a short one but while we were there
we went on a hike to a beautiful waterfall and lagoon.
We were the only people there. 
I was able to reflect and pray in the midst of God's 
unbelievable craftsmanship.
God gently reminded me 
that He called us to Honduras and He would
provide for us.
I knew he meant economical provision and also
provision for my children. 

Long story short someone recommended a lady who
took care of their children and worked for
them for 21 years and never had a complaint.
All I could do was take their word for it, pray, and
trust God.
We met the lady and I didn't feel one way or the other about her.
She started working the week prior so she could see
how I do things. 
I am a cloth diaper user and Zoe is only breastfed so things are a little
more complicated than throwing away a dirty
 diaper and mixing formula.
Evan is at a stage where he has to warm up to people he doesn't know.
So my main concern was him getting used to her. 
After a few days of being in the house with me I felt much better 
and God had given me a peace.

Today is Saturday.
I survived the first week and so did my children.
It is an ongoing battle to control my mind and not allow worry
to take over. But knowing the Lord is a good Father
who wants good things for his children just as I want good things 
for mine,
brings a peace that no one else can give me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Lesson in Faith

Tripa Chuca

Wedding Details