Everyday Missions

Being a teacher is one of the best ways to impact
a child's life; not just academically.
This week one of my students was sitting with me during lunch,
while he finished his work, because he hadn't finished in class.
While he was working he started to open up 
about his family life.
Basically his home life is pretty rough. He told me he feels
so bad when his parents fight and scream at each other.
As we were walking back to class he asked
if I would pray for him and his family with the
rest of the class. So instead of 
immediately going back to my lesson I called this student
to the front and explained that we were going 
to pray for him and his family.
Many of my students chimed in saying their
parents fight a lot so we prayed for them 
as well.
 Before he went back to his seat he said to me, "Mrs. Kristal
do you think you and Mr. Ruben could keep praying
for me and my family when you are at your house?"
My heart broke and I told him of course we
would be praying for him.
Moments like these helps me to do what I do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God Always Has Our Back

Tripa Chuca

Wedding Details